Sunday, September 6, 2009

I FINALLY got my balloon ride!

When I was six my parents promised me a ride in a hot air balloon after I helped on the ground crew of the Energizer Bunny balloon at the Champlain Valley Balloon Festival. By the time we finished helping the balloon rides were closed and I couldn't get a ride. So we have spent the past three years trying to get a ride. This summer I finally got my ride. AND, I got to take the ride with my friend, Maddie.
Here is Maddie, Maddie's mom, and me (and the pilot) in the basket. We're ready to go.

Here we are...Up, Up, and away!!

After Maddie and I had our ride then it was Papa's turn. Bye Papa!!

In the evening, after the tethered balloon ride, we went to the balloon glow. The balloon glow something that happens after dark; it is when the hot air balloons burn their fires to heat the air in the balloon. When they do this in the dark it makes the balloon glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment