Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Tae Kwon Do Tournament

Yesterday I participated in my second Tae Kwon Do Tournament and I received two second place medals; one for my "forms" and one for sparring.

This is me doing my forms. I had to do it twice. The first time Papa said I did a picture-perfect job, but I lost to the other participant. The second time I hesitated on one of my moves, but I still won. Over all I received a second place finish. The video is from my second round.

I also had to spar. Sparring is when you fight against an actual opponent. Unlike the forms where you are only competing against yourself - whoever does a better job on their chosen form wins - sparring involves actually kicking and punching (and getting kicked and punched). Sparring isn't my favorite part of the sport, but I did okay and managed to take a second place. Here you see me sparring with someone from another school. I was trying score a head-shot (worth two points), but I'm not sure if I made it. The following video is from one of my sparring rounds.

If you would like to see more pictures of the tournament you can go to my family website and see it here.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I take Tae Kwon Do too. I just tested for my orange belt on Saturday. Lol! Nice blog too.

    ReplyDelete